There are no Rules of Architecture for a Castle in the Clouds...

To those of you who have braved Blogger long enough to venture beyond the Blog Title - then Welcome!


I'm Wytchy. In my head I live a frugal but fulfilling existence in a dainty cottage, the likes of which would grace the hallowed pages of Country Living. There's a cauldron of soup simmering fragrantly on the hearth, packed with vegetables plucked from my slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch this very morning and freshly baked bread wrapped in a red and white gingham cloth on the table.


In reality? What's that then? (The slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch gave me away didn't it?!)

Come in my pretties, and sit awhile...



Thursday 11 September 2008

I've Lost My Head!!!

Some of you may know this already!!

Well... my first weigh in proper was last night and I lost the princely total of ONE HUMAN HEAD.

That's 8lbs for those of you not well versed in the bodily parts weight comparison stakes!

This chart had been posted on the Minimins Forum recently and it makes me laugh every time I look at it!!

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an car tyre
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

Well I had a few mixed feelings at this loss really. There are around 10 lovely ladies in my group and we have a scream - we've all bonded really quickly thank goodness - and the average loss was around half a stone I guess - but there were a couple of people there with less to lose than me who had lost more! One of them in particular 13.5 pounds!! Why that's a whole Bald Eagle AND a DOZEN Krispy Kreme donuts worth of weight!!

But hey - I'm over it now.

We had a good group discussion last night. Week Two of the programme concerns making goals and we discussed what we were looking forward to doing when we'd reached a weight we were happy at.

So guess what today's "FIVE" Theme is about? Yup - you guessed it!!

Five Things You're Looking Forward To When You Reach Goal!

Here's mine - which I have to say are the very tip of a very huge iceberg!! :- (mmmm iceberg - is it wrong to have cravings for lettuce??)

  1. Bungee Jump!! (yeah really!!)
  2. Go Skiing (looking slim and elegant in dark glasses and a sexy black quilted ski-suit a la Posh - and not like a hippo who got tangled in the duvet)
  3. Sit elegantly and calmly with my legs crossed at the knee and not be constantly trying to rearrange my limbs into some semblance of order which causes the least discomfort, fidgeting, trying to make myself look smaller, trying to reduce the size of my boobs by folding my arms over them, making sure my top is well pulled down so ensuring safe coverage of any potentially escaping muffin top. Muffin top - who am I kidding? It's the whole bloody cake shop under there!!
  4. To not have to eye up a chair with arms and have the trauma of deciding whether it's going to accommodate my hips without having to shoehorn them into it with the result of it a) digging it's cruel arms into my flesh and b) attempting leave with me as I get up.
  5. To go swimming with the kids - or on my own even. I've never taken my children swimming. How sad is that?!

1 comment:

LME said...

Keep up the good work ((((((((hugs)))))))