There are no Rules of Architecture for a Castle in the Clouds...

To those of you who have braved Blogger long enough to venture beyond the Blog Title - then Welcome!


I'm Wytchy. In my head I live a frugal but fulfilling existence in a dainty cottage, the likes of which would grace the hallowed pages of Country Living. There's a cauldron of soup simmering fragrantly on the hearth, packed with vegetables plucked from my slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch this very morning and freshly baked bread wrapped in a red and white gingham cloth on the table.


In reality? What's that then? (The slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch gave me away didn't it?!)

Come in my pretties, and sit awhile...



Friday 19 September 2008

Frugal Friday

Hello!

Sorry I've not posted for a few days - I've not been well yer know!!!

I am now, thankfully, feeling a tad more chipper and inclined to sit at the computer for a while longer now that my tummy is no longer protesting.

So - how's it going? Well - weigh in was on Wednesday. I was absolutely convinced that I wouldn't lose this week as a result of me having to take medication for a water infection and other contributing factors of a delicate nature (about which I shall refrain from posting on such a genteel blog as this one. Cough).

BUT.....despite my stomach feeling like a tumble drier...... I lost another 5lbs!! So after my little happy dance around the scales and running around the room with my teeshirt over my head in a goal scoring stylee I paused to reflect that I have now lost 13lbs in two weeks. It's ok isn't it? Not up there with the mega losses (of which there were more this week from the 'skinnier' side of the class) (not that I am remotely jealous) (at all) (no really, I'm not!) but ok. A pound away from a stone. Woo hoo!

Side effects: Jeans becoming baggier around the legs.
Jeans actually attempting to escape over hips as I polish the tiles in the bathroom. Must be the shimmying action that did it!
Jawline beginning to make a shy appearance from behind folds of flesh.


It's all good!!

2 comments:

Selfsewn said...

Hi Witchy I'm glad you found my blog, cos I enjoyed reading yours and look forward to sharing your journey!
Now I understand your liking the sound of raspberry toffee!
Well done with the weight loss, it's fab.
Clare

Unknown said...

Why don't you have a look at this site www.weighttalk.co.uk ? I have tried all sorts of diets over the years and end up putting the weight back on. This year I thought I would try and loose weight slowly and exercising more, bascially living a healthier lifestyle of balace.

I found Weigh Talk and joined up, it's cheap, has good meal plans and an excersie plan to suit my needs and so far so good, I have lost a bit of weight and I can't wait to move onto the next exercise plan.

The speed your loosing weight at sounds unhealthy and I hate to say it the weight normally goes back on. I have just completed a health and nutrition course and they really advised against more than 2-3 lbs per week.