There are no Rules of Architecture for a Castle in the Clouds...

To those of you who have braved Blogger long enough to venture beyond the Blog Title - then Welcome!


I'm Wytchy. In my head I live a frugal but fulfilling existence in a dainty cottage, the likes of which would grace the hallowed pages of Country Living. There's a cauldron of soup simmering fragrantly on the hearth, packed with vegetables plucked from my slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch this very morning and freshly baked bread wrapped in a red and white gingham cloth on the table.


In reality? What's that then? (The slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch gave me away didn't it?!)

Come in my pretties, and sit awhile...



Friday 5 September 2008

Day Two .... So How Come I'm Not Hungry Then?


Eh?

What's that about?

I woke up this morning expecting to be chewing on my own elbows but not even a wobble! (Keep your comments to yourselves there at the back!). Not even a pang was panging! I had my vanilla and coffee pseudo latte shakey thingie this morning first thing - not bad.....

Vegetable Soup for Lunch........ yeah...... palatable... can live with it. Hey - I'm doing ok!!

Had a bit of a scare mid afternoon however when an innocent trip to the office kitchen in search of tea became a bit of a challenge. In fact, ANY trip to the office kitchen on any day of the week is the same. The place positively breeds bloody food!!


This afternoon for instance, I had to ignore a huge box of Cupcakes, M&S Butter/choc biscuit confections and choc hob nobs. I did well. You'd have been proud of me. I was nonchalance personified as I merely glanced accusingly at the teetering pile of sugar and carbs whilst dunking me teabag, then, tossing my hair in disdain (wherever that is), I turned to flounce out of the room. They gathered menacingly at one end of the counter by the microwave and threatened my resolve momentarily, however by using a combination of stealth and cunning, I managed to outwit them and get out unscathed.

It was a close run thing though I tell you!

One of my worst times is when I'm cooking tea for the kids. It's always a trigger time for me. This evening I managed not to shake out an extra ten oven chips on to the tray. Previously I'd have known that there would have been more than enough for the two of them - but I'd always add a few more on 'just in case'.

Strange then how it always goes that, miraculously, I'd have cooked far too many and as it would be a shame to waste them . I'd pick at them whilst I waited for my own meal to cook. Perhaps on a couple of slices of bread. With lots of butter for the full drip effect. Cos my meal would take all of ten minutes longer wouldn't it and that's SUCH a long time to wait when I've been at work ALL day. Tsk.

Oh and THEN - I had to stop myself from automatically licking the spoon after I'd put the baked beans out on the plates. It's these daft little habits that you studiously and conveniently fail to remember when you're telling people that you "don't really eat a lot".

So all in all an empowering day really.

Mushroom Soup was fine.

Raspberry Shake whilst watching the Soapfest on the box this evening went down a treat.


And I'm still not hungry.

Where has the Hunger Monster gone?

I'm going to wake up in the morning and it will be sitting on my chest glaring at me won't it?













2 comments:

Mrs Sweetie said...

No it won't cos you have a PMA. *nodding sagely* I don't understand how you've been looking over my shoulder when I'VE been cooking tho?

Gilly said...

I'm going to follow this blog with interest (and a lot of sniggers 'cos you're good with words, babe!)

Glad to hear it's going well. I hope you've told Cook not to bring in those treats at 'story time on the sofa though. Come to think of it there will be so many fighting for them, you've got no worries!

Rock on honey.