There are no Rules of Architecture for a Castle in the Clouds...

To those of you who have braved Blogger long enough to venture beyond the Blog Title - then Welcome!


I'm Wytchy. In my head I live a frugal but fulfilling existence in a dainty cottage, the likes of which would grace the hallowed pages of Country Living. There's a cauldron of soup simmering fragrantly on the hearth, packed with vegetables plucked from my slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch this very morning and freshly baked bread wrapped in a red and white gingham cloth on the table.


In reality? What's that then? (The slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch gave me away didn't it?!)

Come in my pretties, and sit awhile...



Thursday 4 September 2008

Day One - Suitcases Packed - Ready for Boarding!







Oh gawd. It's here!

The first day on plan! It's 20 past seven in the evening and guess what? I'm am **looks around to see who's listening** not hungry!! I know! I don't believe it either!!


I had a vanilla shake this morning for breakfast - was really nice - not too sweet which I was dreading. I made it with ice cubes in it and it really did the trick.

I had chicken soup for lunch - hmmm, not entirely convinced by that one. It tasted a little bit chemically enhanced for my liking!! But hey - it filled me up along with the three pints of water and tea and coffee I've drunk today. I was dreading tea without milk but do you know what? It's really not too bad at all if you just show the teabag to the mug of water and don't make it strong enough to stand your spoon up in!

Yesterday I bought one of those stubby one litre bottles of mineral water to keep in my desk at work. I thought that I'd keep it as a good measure of my water intake. The cleaners, however, had other ideas and for the first time in history chose yesterday to clear my desk of detritus - including my bloody water bottle!! I threw a bit of a tantrum this morning - you know when tiny things appear HEWOOOGE to you when you're feeling a little sensitive? Yeah well that was one of those times! Ho hum. I got over it!!

This evening has been the Thai Chilli soup - my fave so far. Really tasty when made with not much water so it's nice and thick . Yum!! I shall be getting more of those!

And so..... I have a real treat later on - a chocolate shake!! Get me eh? How rock n' roll am I?!



I nearly didn't get started this week thanks to my daft GP! I had an appointment to see him on Monday and bounced into the room (actually - perhaps this may be why he was in a grump - he was probably traumatised by the bouncing!) and launched into telling him about my new found saviour - and he didn't want to know!!

He said he 'didn't believe in VLCD'! I was gutted. He's usually so supportive and he knows how much this weight loss thing means to me. I was annoyed when he tried to get me on new tablets though. What's the point of that? Here I am trying not to burden the NHS - trying to do something for myself, doing it now before I get in to gastric band territory - and he refuses to help!

Luckily I had a contact for a Private Doc who signed the form for me so ner ner na ner ner Dr Price!! I'll show you!!

See you tomorrow then for another thrilling instalment. Can't guarantee it will be as chirpy as this one though!

Can't wait now can you?!!

2 comments:

Munch said...

Hiya! just wanted to say well done on starting a vlcd - its brilliant and is working a treat on me (week 4 on Cambridge) good luck with it and might see you over on minimins - my name there is munchmarie x see ya

Me said...

Hello Wytchy. I loved reading your blog. My brain seems to have gone into starvation mode and I can't think of anything remotely amusing to write. Keep up the good work,

Last Straw x