There are no Rules of Architecture for a Castle in the Clouds...

To those of you who have braved Blogger long enough to venture beyond the Blog Title - then Welcome!


I'm Wytchy. In my head I live a frugal but fulfilling existence in a dainty cottage, the likes of which would grace the hallowed pages of Country Living. There's a cauldron of soup simmering fragrantly on the hearth, packed with vegetables plucked from my slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch this very morning and freshly baked bread wrapped in a red and white gingham cloth on the table.


In reality? What's that then? (The slug and caterpillar-free vegetable patch gave me away didn't it?!)

Come in my pretties, and sit awhile...



Sunday 7 September 2008

Day Four - Still No Sign of the Hunger Monster!

I don't like it.


I'm scared that it's hiding around the corner waiting to ambush me with a slice of millionaire's shortbread.


Or lying in wait under a drain cover preparing to assault me with a pasty from Greggs.


Today I actually 'forgot' lunch. Granted that I was with my friend for most of the day and once
we start chatting then there's no stopping us, but that's no excuse really.


I suppose I don't like it because I think that it's lulling me into a false sense of security that it will always be like this. I know it won't be. There are times where the two soups/two shakes regime is just not going to be enough and I'll get an ASBO for loitering with intent in the bakery section of Waitrose.


However - I suppose until then I shall just revel in my new found angelic behaviour. It might take a bit of getting used to - I haven't had a lot of experience to draw upon!!

A dear friend suggested to me today that I should concentrate on a 'five things' list to feature on my blog. Thanks Sherri!!

Today, as the light is a little poor for any photography, I'm going to feature 'Five Things I Want to Look Good In". And no, that does not include a black bin bag!



1. A Leather Jacket . I haven't had a leather for years. Even when, in my post punk days, I had one of these little beauties I could never find one that would zip up properly and I always felt like I'd got a strait jacket on. I think I'm a bit old now for a biker jacket - but I like this one. A lot:-


http://www.lucyalice.co.uk/smx/leather-jackets/ladies-642/








2. A Little Black Dress. I have NEVER had a little black dress. Sob. I've had a few tent sized ones but never a little one!! I don't 'do' dresses usually - I just don't feel comfortable in them and feel like an over stuffed sofa. It's the chest you know. How about this one?






I would happily accept being able to step into a size 16 never mind a 12!



3. A Short Black Skirt. Not one that looks like a pelmet. Just short enough to look sexy but long enough to avoid pant-baring scenarios when climbing aboard the Number 9 bus. Kate Hudson has got it just right I reckon.

Of course - she models herself on me y'know!







4. A Pair of Knee Length Boots - I have a pair already - worn em to death though and they won't see another season. I bought them from Evans 'cos I was amazed when I was able to zip them past my ankle without trapping three inches of skin in doing so. But I'd love a new pair. Several in fact. In different colours. Sigh. http://www.tagbo.co.uk/acatalog/dual_buckle.html



5. A long, fantastic winter coat. Which doesn't make me look like a square block/a matron/anything in between the two. Like this one. Swoon.





So there you are. That's my wish list. What's on yours?

6 comments:

Me said...

Your blog is so much fun to read. I love the 5 items of clothes idea - you should post that on the forum.

LME said...

Well done :)

I cant wait to see what you loose the first week (((((((((((((hugs))))))

Mrs Sweetie said...

1. A Charleston style dress with fringes on it.

2. Those newly out platform shoes with fringes on em.

3. A jacket with fringes up the arms.

(Getting the theme now?)

Actually that'll do me. I have a lbd and a black mini skirt in the wardrobe. The lbd was last worn 4 years ago and the skirt maybe 10 (WHAT!!!) years ago.

Pablo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pablo said...

Where has my comment gone, I'm so dumb I deleted rather than edit!!!

I'd quite like to look good in Jonny Wilkinson's bed personally.

Keep up the good work hunny, you're doing so well and we're all behind you. Can't wait to hear how much you lost your first week.

xxxxx

Annaphylactic said...

Hi Wytchy! You don't know me but I saw the link to your blog on Minimins... you're posts have just had me chuckling out loud to myself (which caused a bit of suspiscion in the office seeing as I work for a mortgage brokers and things are distinctly un-funny at the moment!) so, thank you for cheering me up!! Will add your blog to my faves (if I can figure out how to do such a hi-tech thing) and will check in again soon! Good luck with the rest of week one!

Annaphylactic x
lighter-life-journey.blogspot.com